We are an innovative commercial and financial services law firm, with a particular focus on the financial services industry, acting for local and international corporate clients. We’re based in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia. We provide legal support to financial services providers, ranging from startup fintech businesses through to global financial institutions. We also act for medium and large non-financial services companies. Our services include:
- financial services law (including credit), licensing and related issues;
- fintech issues covering new payment methods, ewallets, blockchain, peer-to-peer lending, digital/roboadvice, equity crowdfunding and other automated payments companies;
- anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing, sanctions and financial crimes;
- privacy and cyber resilience; transactional banking services; and
- and other commercial and general business legal matters
Blockchain and digital currency achievements:
- We were key authors and facilitators of the development of the Australian Digital Currency Industry Code of Conduct.
- We advise numerous digital currency businesses in relation to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing laws and the Australian Financial Services Licencing regime.
- Where digital currency businesses fall outsie the realm of the current regulations, we have assisted providers to implement and adhere to best practice with regard to their business operations and policies and procedures, including the preparation of Anti- Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing programs that comply with the ADCA Code of Conduct.
- We have provided digital currency businesses with commercial documents that consider the nuances of the industry.
Stay informed, sign up for latest Blockchain news